Thursday, June 4, 2009

target national bank

I've been a Target credit card holder since 2003. I have never been late on a payment and have always paid my bill in full. Banks don't like that, but I don't like the idea of paying up to a 22% finance charge, either! I call it an "extortion" charge. My total credit limit is a double digit number. My available credit and my cash limit just about matches that, until recently. 

I opened my monthly Target bill and found that my available credit is now higher, however, I have NO cash limit? What's up with that? Am I being penalized for paying my bill in full each month? I never got a letter in the mail from Target National Bank to let me know that there are changes to my account. I will call Target Credit Services to find out. Better yet, I'll have my "hubby" call them. He has no self control and loves to "stick it to them", better than I can, because I'm too nice. It's true! It's really a matter of psyching myself up to call them. You know, it's same old thing, time and time again, "Press one for English , enter your credit card number and hit #, enter the last four digits of your social security number and hit # "... blah, blah, blah...you know the routine. Then a customer service representative comes on the line and tells you her name, which you can't understand, and she asks you the very same questions you were asked by the recording. What's the recording for? Security purposes? Are they going to go back to that recording EVER to verify anything? Hello! It's them I can't understand because they are not ee-nun-cee-a-ting clearly. 

Anyway, if any of you Target credit card holders have experienced the same injustice and know what's going on, can you get back to me. It will save me the hassle of calling and I won't have to hear my "hubby" verbally abusing the customer service rep! 

No comments: