Wednesday, October 21, 2009

storytelling:chapter 3 obsession~part 4

...continued from storytelling:chapter 3 obsession~part 3


I don't begin pre-production for Fashion Week Spring 2009 until the first week of August. If my mother won't come to New York, I'll go to Los Angeles to visit her. It's early July and I make plans to visit for a week and I can still search online for housing. I'll also look into storage facilities I've found near my mom's house to store all our belongings. We've decided to put everything into storage and "test the waters" in Hawaii before shipping everything via Matson. If it doesn't work, for whatever reason, we won't have to ship everything back. We've also decided to sell our car in New York, rather than tow it behind our U-haul. I am dreading that cross country drive AGAIN!


My travel arrangements are made as well as my yearly dental, eye exam and facial. In the meantime, I've come across some great listings on craigslist. "$1750. DIAMOND HEAD.1 BDRM. BALCONY WITH OCEAN VIEW. UTILITIES INCLUDED." Any listing by Gold Coast will be pretty amazing. They deal with rentals primarily near Diamond Head. If your not familiar with the area, it's below Diamond Head and the end of the Waikiki Area near Kapiolani Park. It's really hard to find available rentals in this area let alone one that is reasonably priced. 


This Gold Coast listing is at the "Diamond Head Ambassador". (Refer to "portions and servings" listed to your right on blog and go to the month of August and click on "diamond head ambassador". There will be a photo I took of the building). It's this beautiful Japanese inspired architecture. Two buildings connected by walkways that look like bridges and built on the beach. The beach is literally your front yard. It was built in the 50's and I've seen it in a movie and on "Househunters". Problem? Immediate rental. Street Parking. NO PETS!


"$1780/2br-Pet Friendly Gorgeous Condo-Stunning, Cool, Clean (Makiki)" Description: "WOW EFFECT! 2/1/1. Fabulous unit & location-1 mi to: Ala Moana, Waikiki & downtown, on busline. Walk to markets & tennis park. Small pet ok. Gorgeous upscale remodeled unit includes stainless steel appliances, granite, wood floors, washer/dryer, big lanai, 1 uncovered parking, pool, bike rack, res, mgr. Large bedrooms & closets. Great city and mountain views. Lease term negotiable. 


It was just the perfect rental. Four photos were included. Problem? Available 8/10/08. It just wasn't meant to be...sigh....


to be continued...


No comments: