Sunday, November 1, 2009

dia de los muertos!

Happy "Dia De Los Muertos"! Today I really feel like the living dead...as last nite I was up with all the crazies bumping and grinding my way through Waikiki, up and down Kalakaua Avenue and Kuhio Avenue til well after 2am. After I got home I started to watch Bram Stoker's "Dracula"! 


What a scene it was. A parade of some of the best hand made and creatively put together costumes I've seen in a long, long time. It's got to have been the best 2 mile plus stretch of Waikiki with people ranging in age from infants, college kids to my grandparents age. It was like the all the "locals" came out to Waikiki. There were a lot of Japanese tourists and a handful of foreigners as well. I have to say Halloween in Hawaii is a close first with the French Quarter in New Orleans and a close second to New York City. Sorry, West Hollywood! I know, I know, but you've got to remember that Los Angeles is "fantasy land", where everyone lives in a make-believe world, full of special effects, make-up artists and designers. 


It was a great Halloween and here are some of my photos.



No comments: