Saturday, July 18, 2009

"cream pot" is cream of the crop

I'm not a foodie, nor do I claim to be. I just know I love good food, who doesn't? Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, afternoon snack or midnight munchie, I love eating really great tasting food and stumbling on a gem.

A few short blocks from where I live is a small restaurant called "Cream Pot". It is located in the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel on the corner of Niu Street and the Ala Wai. The interior decor is that of a country style cafe, "shabby chic", if I may call it that~white stucco textured walls, lace curtains, freshly cut flowers, a long blond wood table that seats about 30+, surrounded on each side by smaller tables and wire back cushioned chairs. Antique knick-knacks found from travels around the world and terra-cotta floor tiles, especially made, some with tiny paw prints that lead into the kitchen.

The Cream Pot specializes in French style crepes, waffles, omelets, baked eggs with shrimp, fresh tuna eggs benedict with rice, beef stew omelet and ricotta cheese pancakes, to die for. I'm not a fan of pancakes. They're too cakey and heavy and you're always served more than one can eat. But, I've got to tell you, the "ricotta cheese pancakes with strawberries" are rubies~cooked, then baked and beautifully presented with so much love and passion. The fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes are served with thin slices of fresh strawberries and fresh syrup, lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar and a heapful of freshly whipped cream. You can also have bananas or apples in place of strawberries.  A banana shake comes with your meal, but I opted for the regular iced coffee.

Nathan Tran is the owner of Cream Pot. He is the creator of all the fabulous food that is served in his restaurant. This morning "hubby" and I were honored by having Nathan cook our breakfast for us. I guess you could say we have "carte blanche", as patrons. Even though we're there on a weekly basis, we, as other patrons are welcomed with utmost graciousness, lovely service and the best food that life has to offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH YES, THE BEST PANCAKES I'VE EVER HAD !!!!