Sunday, August 9, 2009

right up my alley


The "King's Guard Museum" has the most amazing collection of "Hawaiiana" showcased right in the heart of Waikiki.

There's the collection of hula girls and tiki drinking mugs, various bar glasses and stir sticks from many of the obsolete hotels and bars from yesteryear. "Statehood" memorabilia and a wonderful array of porcelain liquor bottles, some depicting the outer islands.


Vintage beer bottles and wooden hangers from various hotels and dry cleaners. A display case full of matches and ashtrays from hotels, niteclubs, restaurants and celebrities. What I wouldn't do to have all of them added to my personal collection. In fact, I would love to own this whole museum!





But it wouldn't be a collectables museum without the soda pop bottles, airline travel bags, a closet full of beautiful "aloha" shirts or even the endless display of "Primo" beer memorabilia.

The best thing about this museum is that it's FREE and that's right up my alley!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun stuff there!
I remember the coconut funny face cup I got my mom as a souvenir from our HS trip to Hawaii!
Big spender eh?